Monday, October 19, 2009

Wearing Down

Every Sunday afternoon, our principal (or, "illustrious instructional leader," as they call her on the morning announcements) sends out the "Monday Memo." This is an email attachment that describes all the events for the upcoming week and lets the teachers know what's on the agenda for the next 5 days. Unfortunately, this memo has actually become more a list of all the things teachers will be required to do: which day you have to miss your planning period to go to a meeting, the additional 30 minutes that has been added to the end of each faculty meeting, the new mandates for what has to be up on your walls (cart) or in your lessons. I admitted to my department chair that I cry every Sunday when I read the Monday Memo. He simply said, "Me too." Well, misery loves company!

I had a student ask me multiple times today if I am sick. Note to self: don't wear that yellow sweater anymore.

I was pretty excited this morning when I checked my mailbox in the teachers' lounge and discovered my school pictures. That's right, just like old times. All the faculty got a whole set of their yearbook portraits for free. So, all you regular blog readers, be expecting a wallet-size portrait of yours truly in the mail sometime soon!

3 comments:

  1. We have an open spot on our fridge awaiting your portrait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy-- it's the least you could do since we have a framed "FH Sweetheart" portrait of you above our mantle.

    ReplyDelete