Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ready or not...

Here it comes! So, it's the eve of my first day. For some reason, I am so much more nervous than when I started mid-semester last spring. Well, I say "for some reason," but I know exactly what the reason is: this is MY school year, from the beginning. I'm not picking up after someone who left. I'm in it for the whole year and I'm accountable. On one hand, I can't wait to meet my students, to talk to them, and to listen to them. I am definitely counting on them being the best part of this year. But on the other hand, I am stressed out about the no classroom, no desk, no idea what I'm doing situation.

In church this morning, the pastor called all high school students to the front so he could pray over them as they begin the new year. When he said, "Teachers, you come on up too," I jumped out of my seat and quickly made my to the front. I needed that prayer! It was such a blessing to see our Young Families pastor and his wife stand up behind me and put their arms around me during the prayer. I am so thankful for all of my family and friends who have been praying for me during this transition. It is such an encouragement to have support, real support, outside the world of public education.

Despite the stress, I am confident that this is where the Lord has placed me. It won't be easy, but we aren't called to live easy lives. I am thankful to have a job and am looking forward to getting into the swing of the school year. It seems daunting right now, and Kenneth will probably have to deal with a tearful wife pretty frequently for a little while, but it really will be okay. Maybe even enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment