Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tougher than I expected

Today's pre planning schedule included another long meeting followed by some time to "work in our classrooms." The second part was particularly difficult for me when I found out that I don't actually have a classroom. Or a desk. I instead checked out a cart from the library, got permission from a couple teachers to leave some materials in their rooms, and tried to take deep breaths so no one around me would realize that I was freaking out on the inside.



On a different note, I think the purple-haired librarian with an Obama button on her i.d. badge will be an interesting character to watch this year. And I am keeping count- including this i.d. badge, I've had 3 Obama sightings and 3 Michael Jackson references.



The most surprising part of this experience so far is the number of "War Eagles" I've received from my colleagues. I've met several Auburn fans and a few others from Alabama who respect Auburn football. One man even knows Damien Craig. The other new member of the Social Studies department is from Opelika and, after a brief discussion with her this morning, we discovered that she and my mother were best friends in elementary school. Small world. So, I'll have something other than school to talk about with some co-workers- at least until football season ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment